I am a sucker for the sweets and cannot resist when they are presented to me. The Bakery At Walmart offers a large variety of bakery items and my favorite is anything with icing. Compared to other “chain” bakeries, Walmart’s Buttercream Icing. I like very sweet icing and could eat it on cookies, cakes, large spoon…etc. I searched for recipes and learned that Walmart uses icing by Brill. You can purchase this icing in contaners up to 14lbs at http://www.fondantsource.com/buic.html A 45lb tub is also available!!!!
I tried to make a homemade cake once and it wasn’t very pretty or tasty. SO, I will let the professionals do the work and I will enjoy. Below is a recipe that claims to be close to the Brill buttercream icing. Give it a try and let me know, or invite me over to sample!!
- 2 cups shortening
- 8 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons clear imitation vanilla extract
- 6 fluid ounces heavy cream
- Cream shortening until fluffy. Add confectioner’s sugar and continue creaming until well blended.
- Add salt, vanilla, and whipping cream blend on low speed until moistened. Add additional whipping cream if necessary (up to 2 ounces). Beat at high speed until frosting is fluffy.