NEW! We are eating our way through Charlotte.
Following the advice from a couple of other Foodies. We meet once each month to try a new Charlotte area restaurant. So far we seem to enjoy dips, fries and desserts.
- The King’s Kitchen129, W. Trade St.Charlotte, NC 28202
- Rock n Taco, 1513 Montford Drive, Charlotte, NC.
- Cafe 157, 157 N. Trade Street • Matthews, NC 28105
- Lulus, 1911 Central Ave, Charlotte, NC 28205
- 300 East, 300 East Boulevard, Charlotte, NC 28203
- Crepe cellar, 3116 N. Davidson Street, Charlotte NC 28205.
More details about each location will be posted soon.
My first experience of fried pickles was at Cafe 157. I was pleased to have enjoyed them and the dip was excellent.
LuLus Wine/Dine Pommes Frites with dipping sauces was wonderful. Our favorite sauce was called asian love. The other selections were garlic lemon aioli,
goat cheese aioli, horseradish crème fraîche
LuLu Burger – seasoned angus, pimento cheese, fried green tomato, jalapeño relish, challah roll
Maverick Rock Taco lunch special. CHICKEN TINGA TACO – PULLED CHICKEN STEWED WITH ADOBO SPICE & CHIMICHURRI STEAK TACO – GRILLED SKIRT STEAK – CILANTRO -
GARLIC & JALAPENO PESTO with a delicious ear of MEXICAN SWEET CORN.